The Governor, as expected, has called a Special Session for December 21st. It is expected to only last one day and will be the same format as the first two special sessions we have seen. There will be no public allowed in the building and all public testimony, which is sure to be limited, will be done virtually. As of right now the list of items to be considered include:
- Eviction Moratorium, Extension and money to Landlords
- $150m for Landlords and $50m for rent assistance
- Restaurant Package – Cocktails to go and delivery fee caps
- School Liability Protections
- Budget bill moving around $600 million to the Emergency Board for future expenses.
This list has been carefully negotiated between both democrats and republicans, including the Governor’s office. While the list seems to be somewhat set, I am sure there will be some changes between now and he 21st as to what will be considered.
As a reminder, the Legislature is finishing up Interim Legislative Days this week with House Committees meeting. The First day of the Regular 2021 session is January 19th and the Legislature will have a one day or Organization on January 11th.
Please let us know if you have questions or comments
Markee & Associates, Inc
5065 Inland Shores Way #110
Keizer Oregon 97303